Tuesday 15 November 2016

Steven Gerrard Departs LA Galaxy

Gerrard made 34 appearances for the MLS sideLos Angeles Galaxy, have confirmed that Steven Gerrard will not return to the club for the 2017 MLS season. The 36-year-old midfielder has been playing for the Galaxy for the past 18 months following his exit from Liverpool.  Earlier this week, Gerrard hinted about a possible exit from the MLS. Stating that his time in the United States, was coming to an end. 
The American club were hoping he would sign a new contract and remain in California for another season, but Gerrard has decided to head back home to England following the Galaxy's MLS play-off shoot-out defeat to the Colorado Rapids last week.
In an open letter to Galaxy fans, he wrote : "Over the last year and a half, it has been a privilege to represent the LA Galaxy and play in front of this club's great fans. When I left Liverpool, I came to Los Angeles with the goal of helping the LA Galaxy lift another MLS Cup. I am very disappointed to have not achieved that objective, but I can look back at my time at the club with pride at what we accomplished, including two straight play-off appearances and countless memorable moments on the pitch. I have loved every minute of my time in the States and playing for the LA Galaxy. I am excited to see this league and this great club continue to grow".
During his 18 months at the club, Gerrard scored five goals, made 14 assists in his 34 appearance for the club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment