Tuesday 21 February 2017

Odion Ighalo Announces Plans To Open Orphanage In Nigeria

Image result for odion ighaloEx-Watford star and Nigerian International, Odion Ighalo, has announced his plans to open an orphanage in Nigeria. With his recent move to Chinese Super League side; Changchan Yatai for £20m in January, and a reported weekly allowance of £190,000 a week salary, a move the 27-year old striker referred to as ''good money'', but still wishes he could continue to stay in England. 
As part of his commitment to give back to his immediate community, and the nation at large, Ighalo announced his plans to open an orphanage in Lagos next year. The orphanage, is to be named -''Ighalo Home''. This plan was revealed via his personal Instagram account.  He told The Sun - ''I don't do these things because I want people to praise me. I've been doing them before I joined Watford - ever since God started blessing me I have been helping the kids, helping the widows. I'm not a millionaire but I have more than lots of people back home and I want to help them''.
Ighalo who grew up in the Ajegunle ghetto in Lagos, is doing the project to give vabk to the community, and to encourage homeless children, by giving a roof and providing them with basic amenities and necessities of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment