Monday 11 July 2016

Managing England Still On My Mind - Wenger

WengerArsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, has admitted he would be open to taking the England job in the future, but made it clear he would not break his contract with the Gunners. The English national team, are without a coach, after Roy Hodgson resigned following their exit from the Euro 2016, at the hands of Iceland. Wenger is one of the names that have been linked with the job, as the Frenchman has been viewed to be eager to get out of his deal at Arsenal.

"Could I manage England, why not ? I would never rule that out, but I am happy and focused in club football" - Wenger is quoted by the Daily Mirror as telling beIN Sports. "I have one more year to go with Arsenal and I have been with them for a long time. I always respected all my contracts(throughout my career) and I will continue to do that. What will I do after that ? Honestly, I don't want".
Wenger also revealed his disappointment, as seeing England crash out in the round of 16. He said : "England is my second country. I was absolutely on my knees when England went out against Iceland, I couldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment