Friday 8 July 2016

Wimbledon 2016 : Kerber To Face Serena In Final

angelique-kerber-wimbledon-tennis_3739420Angelique Kerber, saw off Venus Williams in straight sets, to ensure that Serena Williams does not play her sister in the 2016 Wimbledon final. The German triumphed 6-4, 6-4, over Venus, who has won the Wimbledon title five times in the past.

Serena, had earlier defeated Elena Vesnina 6-2, 6-0 in just 49 minutes on Center Court.
Earlier this year, Kerber beat Serena in the final of the Australian Open, she will be seeking to thwart Serena's quest for a 22nd Grand Slam title, which would equal Steffi Graf's record. 
"It's always a tough match against her - Kerber said. She's a champion and she's won so many times here. That's why I'm really happy about my game and my first final here at Wimbledon. I am just happy to be in my second Grand Slam final".

No comments:

Post a Comment