Monday 18 July 2016

Tomas Berdych Pulls Out Of 2016 Olympic Games

Tomas Berdych
Tennis World number eight, Tomas Berdych, has pulled out of this year's Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil because of concerns about Zika virus. "It's a hard decision for me to take along, and a painstaking discussion with my dearest" - said Berdych.
Berdych said on twitter - "It is purely my personal decision, but I still feel a need to give at least one of the serious reasons leading to this step to my supporters and fans. It is because of the Zika virus spread in the country of the Olympics. As I have founded a family recently, to limit health risks towards my nearest is the utmost priority. I apologise to all of you who are disappointed by my decision. I do believe that if you take a deeper account of my reasons, you will understand that I have done it out of the responsibility for my family".
Berdych, becomes the third tennis player, after Simona Halep and Milos Raonic, to withdraw from the Olympics. There's been a great number of withdrawals from the Games, with more than 20 male golfers already, announcing their withdrawals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment